Monday, May 23, 2011

Walk/Jog/Run

It has been about a year and a half since I started to get serious about my health. Since November 2009 I have lost 50 lbs and went from a size 22/24 down to a size 16/18. I can lift heavier weights than ever before and I do not get winded after 20 minutes of cardio. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and when I am not giving into my cravings I eat very light. This past month I have been upping my cardio exercise by increasing my walking on treadmill to 4.0 mph to a light jog of 4.8-5.0 mph. I am excited that I am improving with both cardio endurance and the increasing weight in strength training. I am starting to 'swim' in my gym clothes and I am starting to notice that I have a 'waist'. It is pretty exciting to see this transformation and I am starting to feel 'more in control' of my life.

Summer 2011 goals

To start walking/jogging/running outside (1 x week)
Hot yoga once a week (1 x week)

No comments:

Post a Comment