Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eating Out

I eat out a lot. Not going to hide the fact that I enjoy Asian food. I heart Dim Sum, Japanese, Thai and Korean. The job I have now is very high stress and we are on tight deadlines. When I am stressed I emotionally eat. I run out at lunch and indulge. I rationalize to myself that I will work an extra hour to pay for my indulgence and I promise myself that I will go to the gym and burn off the extra calories. Often enough I break my promise and choose to laze around, play on computer, or watch TV. Sometimes I am so tired to cook anything I often twist my partners rubber arm and order something or go out for burgers and fries or mall food. This summer my goal is to be a better meal planner and save the $$ I spend on take out, restaurants, and mall food and put it toward debt (car loan and old student line of credit that was merged into a single loan) and save for an end of summer splurge. I am not cutting myself off from eating out; I still want to have my weekend indulgence of dim sum with my good friend and perhaps a payday pizza or breakfast with my partner.

Here is a picture of Michael and me at Lake Louise, Alberta in October 2009
(50 lbs heavier). I like this picture because it was our first big trip we took together. I hope to go somewhere this summer before Michael goes back to school to finish his last year in the Faculty of Education at the University of Manitoba.


No comments:

Post a Comment